Free Ride is based on stud poker. You are dealt three cards and given two opportunities to raise your bet and receive an additional card. If your five-card hand ranks high enough you win — it’s as easy as that! Free Ride also offers a separate progressive jackpot bet for $1. If you play the progressive and your hand qualifies, you win big!
At the beginning of each game you are required to place an initial bet, known as an ante. This amount appears on the betting circle on the table top.
- Select a chip value of either $1, $5, $10, $25, or $100.
- Click on the betting circle marked “A” until the number of chips displayed equals the amount you wish to bet.
- To reduce your bet amount, right-click the betting circle to remove chips. Your bet will be reduced by the amount of the currently selected chip.
- Click Progressive to participate in the progressive jackpot (optional). When you place a $1 bet on the progressive jackpot, a light appears on the coin slot in front of the betting circle to indicate that you have bet on the progressive jackpot.
- Click Deal. You will be dealt a hand of five cards. Three of your cards will be face up and two of your cards will be face down. No additional cards are dealt.
- Click Bet or Pass.
- Choose Bet if you think the three cards lying face up are part of a winning poker hand. When you choose Bet, your initial bet is doubled and one of the two remaining cards is turned face up. There are two chances to bet.
- Choose Pass if you have a hand that you do not believe will win. There are two opportunities to choose Pass. When you choose pass one of the remaining cards is turned face up to reveal more of your hand. There are two chances to pass.
Free Ride uses a one deck shoe.
Remember you are not competing against the dealer; you are just trying to get the best hand possible.
Even if you pass twice, you could still qualify to win based on your initial wager.
Make sure your initial wager is greater than the minimum bet for the table.
- The maximum bet refers to your initial bet, and that the total bet per hand may exceed the maximum bet if you choose to raise.
|Royal Flush||The highest hand in poker. Consists of the following cards: ten, jack, queen, king, and an ace all of the same suit.|
|Straight Flush||Five cards in sequence, all of the same suit.|
|Four of a Kind||Four cards of the same denomination, one in each suit.|
|Full House||Three cards of one denomination and two cards of another denomination.|
|Flush||Five cards all of the same suit.|
|Straight||Five cards in sequence of any suit.|
|Three of a Kind||Three cards of the same denomination and two unmatched cards.|
|Two Pairs||Two sets of two cards of the same denomination and any fifth card.|
|Pair of 10s or Better||Two cards of the same denomination and three unmatched cards.|
The maximum payout in Free Ride, which is set by the casino, is shown inside a display box at the edge of the table
- Casino A has a $20,000 maximum payout limit on Free Ride and a progressive jackpot of $5,000. A player bets $60 on Free Ride, and makes the $1 progressive bet.
He/she obtains a Royal Flush and expects to win $60,000 but actually only wins $20,000, regardless of the odds given below, because $20,000 is the maximum payout amount designated for that table.
This player also played the progressive so, according to the progressive jackpot payout schedule, his/her winnings would include 100% of the progressive jackpot giving her a grand total of $25,000 in winnings.
A winning hand pays out according to the following odds:
|Four of a Kind||
|Three of a Kind||
|Pair of 10s or Better||
You can place a $1 bonus bet if you wish to participate in a progressive jackpot. By placing an additional $1 wager, you have the chance to win a portion or all of the jackpot based on the strength of your hand! Below is the payout schedule for this optional $1 wager.
100% of the Jackpot
10% of the Jackpot
|Four of a Kind||